Membrane carriers are an industry proven, widely used technology offering low consumables cost and efficient maintainability. Axus designed carriers can be retrofitted onto existing CMP tools, significantly enhancing the tool performance and reliability needed to optimize the desired results of every CMP wafer process.
The Axus Crystal carrier is designed for ultra-thin and fragile wafer handling with the 4 pressure zone benefits of the Avalon. With over 50% less wafer deflection during wafer handling than the legacy 4 zone carriers, the Crystal enables a greater range of wafer substrate thickness and materials while reducing the breakage risk. For heterogeneous integration, III/V materials, and advanced TGV processing, the Crystal is the only carrier designed for success. The Axus Crystal carrier can be utilized primarily as a silicon wafer carrier or for handling the important substrates at the heart of your products structure.
STANDARD FEATURES INCLUDE:
- The 4 pressure zone Crystal carrier has been designed for handling thin and fragile wafers (III-V materials) to reduce the wafer edge non-uniformity.
- The Crystal carrier offers significantly lower WIW non-uniformity than the legacy carriers using rigid plates.
- Membrane carriers have a large install-base in the CMP industry:
- Used on over 1,000 CMP tools for 200mm and 300mm
- Approximately 10,000 heads installed worldwide