The 7AA combines proven vertical infeed grinding technology with force adaptive grinding. The 7AA lowers the diamond wheels onto the wafer limiting the total downforce that can be applied to the wafer to a predetermined maximum. This protects the machine, the diamond wheels, and your valuable product from being overstressed, yet allows the machine to grind at its maximum possible rate.
The 7AA also uses closed loop thickness control to reduce thickness errors and eliminate regrinds. Through continuous monitoring the computer determines if the final thickness varies from the target thickness and adjusts the grind spindle position on the wafer currently being ground.
STANDARD FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Concentrically mounted grinding wheels on a single air bearing downfeed spindle for easy alignment and dual grind capability
- Single vacuum chuck on an air bearing lower spindle for stock removal and fine finishing
- Dual input and dual output cassettes enable continuous operation
- Centering station aligns wafers before a three-arm, two position pick-and- place robot transfers the wafers through the system
- Inline SRD rinses and brushes each wafer, then spins to enhance drying
- Post-grind inline LVDT measurement system feeds thickness results from each wafer back into the software to enhance thickness repeatability
OPTIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
ARE YOU READY?
NEWS AND EVENTS
Axus partners with Plessey Semiconductors to help bring high-performance GaN-on-Silicon monolithic microLED technology to the mass market.
Using tooling from Axus and optimised processes, Plessey Semiconductors has achieved a successful wafer to wafer bond of a 1080p microLED display 0.26” diagonal to a 3-micron pixel-pitch backplane. Much smaller than the 0.7" diagonal 8-micron pixel-pitch active-matrix display previously demonstrated.