The G&P Technology POLI-610 Polishing tool is used for the precision surface preparation of very hard, brittle materials such as Silicon Carbide, Gallium Nitride, and Sapphire. This is an especially good polishing tool for such LED materials which require relatively long polishing cycles and significant application of down force to achieve the desired removal rate and surface quality. The POLI-610 polishing tool is an excellent choice for economical processing of 3″ (76mm) and 4″ (100mm) wafers using “batch: style processing. In the tradition of all G & P Technology tools and equipment, the POLI-610 is a versatile and flexible process tool already chosen by R&D laboratories, university research centers, consumables suppliers, substrate manufacturers, and developers of LED substrates, and III-V materials.
STANDARD FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Rigid and stable design for long life and peak performance in polishing applications used for processing very hard, brittle materials
- Size designed for R&D laboratories but capable for pre-production and production-level manufacturing making process development and technology transfer more efficient and cost-effective
- Affordable in-house polishing capability with state-of-the-art components
- Includes many important features and benefits of larger, more expensive machines in an economical and space saving unit conditioning disk
- Easy to learn, easy to operate, and easy to maintain.
CONDITIONING ARM OPTIONS:
(linear sweep – optional for single carrier systems)
- 195mm end effector, segmented or pellet
- Downforce range, 5 – 20 kgf (11 – 44 lbf)
- Sweep rate, 0 – 12 sweep / minute
Process Request Form
Parts & ServiceS
NEWS AND EVENTS
Axus Partners with CP Display to Accelerate Monolithic 1080p MicroLED Displays to Mainstream AR
Axus partners with Compound Photonics US Corporation to accelerate sub 5 µm pixel microLED development to the mass market.
Axus and CP are partnering to integrate critical wafer-scale processes needed for mass-production scale up of CP’s 3 µm pixel, 0.26” diagonal, 1080p microLED displays for the next generation AR glasses. Specifically, Axus will deploy its state-of-the-art Capstone CMP system with integrated post-CMP clean to enable wafer planarization and surface preparation process solutions for successful wafer-scale bonding of microLED wafers to high-performance CMOS backplanes.
Axus partners with Plessey Semiconductors to help bring high-performance GaN-on-Silicon monolithic microLED technology to the mass market.
Using tooling from Axus and optimised processes, Plessey Semiconductors has achieved a successful wafer to wafer bond of a 1080p microLED display 0.26” diagonal to a 3-micron pixel-pitch backplane. Much smaller than the 0.7" diagonal 8-micron pixel-pitch active-matrix display previously demonstrated.