The G&P Technology POLI-500 is used for the planarization of dielectric, conducting, and semiconductor thin films on silicon wafers and other substrate materials. This polishing tool is an excellent choice for processing 6” (150mm) and 8” (200mm) wafers. This tool is available in several different configurations depending upon the customer’s need for the carrier type, pad conditioning technology, pad profiling capability, and process measurement and monitoring control systems. In the tradition of all G & P Technology tools and equipment, the POLI-500 is a versatile and flexible process tool already chosen by R&D laboratories, university research centers, consumables suppliers, substrate manufacturers, and chip developers.
STANDARD FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Polishing pressure
- Rotational speed of the polishing platen & wafer carrier
- Carrier membrane pressure
- Downforce of the pad conditioning disk
- Sweep speed of the conditioning arm
- Oscillation of the wafer carrier on the polishing pad
- Polishing process time
- Slurry wetting time on pad
- Flow rate of the polishing slurry
- Buffing/rinsing time
- Flow rate of D.I. water during buffing/rinsing cycle
CONDITIONING ARM OPTIONS:
Swing Arm Conditioning (radial sweep – optional)
- 100mm end effector (standard), 0-200 rpm range
- Downforce range, .45 – 9.1kgf (1 – 20 lbf)
- Sweep zone control, 12 segments
- Sweep rate, 0 – 20 sweep / minute
- Conditioning disk clean station
Oscillating Arm Conditioning (linear sweep – standard)
- 240mm end effector, segmented or pellet
- Downforce range, 3 – 10 kgf (6 – 22 lbf)
- Sweep rate, 0 – 12 sweep / minute
Process Request Form
Parts & ServiceS
NEWS AND EVENTS
Axus Partners with CP Display to Accelerate Monolithic 1080p MicroLED Displays to Mainstream AR
Axus partners with Compound Photonics US Corporation to accelerate sub 5 µm pixel microLED development to the mass market.
Axus and CP are partnering to integrate critical wafer-scale processes needed for mass-production scale up of CP’s 3 µm pixel, 0.26” diagonal, 1080p microLED displays for the next generation AR glasses. Specifically, Axus will deploy its state-of-the-art Capstone CMP system with integrated post-CMP clean to enable wafer planarization and surface preparation process solutions for successful wafer-scale bonding of microLED wafers to high-performance CMOS backplanes.
Axus partners with Plessey Semiconductors to help bring high-performance GaN-on-Silicon monolithic microLED technology to the mass market.
Using tooling from Axus and optimised processes, Plessey Semiconductors has achieved a successful wafer to wafer bond of a 1080p microLED display 0.26” diagonal to a 3-micron pixel-pitch backplane. Much smaller than the 0.7" diagonal 8-micron pixel-pitch active-matrix display previously demonstrated.