The Synergy™ scrubber combines the successful principles of wafer cleaning established by OnTrak™ for optimized mechanical slurry particle removal plus metal contamination removal on post-CMP wafers and substrates using chemistries such as HF (optional). The product flow through these tools is linear and the wafers are kept wet throughout until the final drying process.
The Synergy™ is a post-CMP Double Sided Scrubber is designed to provide a platform for cleaning recipes that can incorporate a variety of chemical process combinations. The Synergy™ can also be used in applications such as MEMS and LEDs and is not limited only to Post-CMP cleaning. Through-the-brush chemical distribution, and bevel edge cleaning is included.
- Wet-station wafer loading; wafers in the queue are kept wet by a DI H2O spray. A submergible bath is optional.
- Brush box #1 where the first mechanical-chemical cleaning step occurs using double sided PVA brushes and DI H2O along with dilute cleaning chemistries such as ammonia.
- Brush box #2 which is identical to brush box #1 and where additional cleaning occurs (HF capable through the brushes).
- The SRD (Spin-Rinse-Dry) module is where the wafer is spun at 2000 rpm while it receives a final rinse. Drying occurs with the help of a nitrogen blow off and an infrared lamp. In addition, there is an optional Megasonics
- cleaning arm, and dilute chemistries can be dispensed before the spin action begins.
- A Mechanical Transfer Arm (robotic arm) transfers the clean and dry wafers to the output station.
- The Output Station has a unique indexer that reliably receives the clean dry wafer from the mechanical arm and places it down into the receive cassette where it is held in a vertical position until the run is completed.